The Lampe Berger is easy to use, and safe as long as you follow some basic suggestions. When you get home with your new Lampe Berger, some assembly is required. With only a few moments of your time, you too can enjoy the benefits of Lampe Berger.
We’ve put together a short video to go over the steps:
Detailed Steps on How to Use Lampe Berger:
1. Place the Lampe Berger on a flat, steady surface away from all flammable objects.
2. Pull off the top cap, then remove the burner element and the wick.
3. Insert the funnel into the mouth of the lamp and fill two-thirds with the of your choice.
4. Place the wick back into the container and submerge into the oil.
5. Refit the burner onto the top of the container, and put the snuffer cap back on to prevent the alcohol in the fuel from evaporating.
6. Soak the wick for twenty minutes.
7. Remove the snuffer cap, and hold a small flame to the burner until it lights. Allow the flame to burn until the stone turns white, approximately two minutes before you blow it out.
8. Fit the slotted cover over the neck of the lamp and allow to burn for twenty to forty minutes depending on the size of the room.
9. When you are ready to extinguish the Lampe Berger, carefully remove the hot cover and replace with the snuffer cap, then fit the slotted cover in place. Safety Warning: the slotted cover will be hot, handle with care.
10. Keep out of the reach of small children and pets.
No need to worry over how to use Lampe Berger, it’s easy and quick to set one up. When your Lampe Berger is not in use, you can showcase the decorative aspects by displaying it in a favorite spot within your home or office. Over 100 styles of lamps ensure you can find the perfect one for your needs. Here are some helpful hints for how to use Lampe Berger.
Always keep the snuffer cover on the lamp when not in use, or the fuel in the oil will evaporate. When the lamp is in use, if you do not put it out with the snuffer cover, all of the oil will burn away.
The burner needs air to breath, so make sure you only fill the lamp 2/3rds full with the oil.
If the wick will not light, it could be too dry or wet with water. Let the wick soak longer. If the wick is wet from water, it will not burn. Let it air dry completely, and re-soak in the oil.
The wick is good for an average use of about 250 times. If you use your Lampe Berger often, you may need a new wick.
The stone does not need to be cleaned, and it will grow darker with each use.
Always blow out the flame before refitting the slotted cover over the neck of the lamp or it will melt.
When changing the fragrance oil, you should empty all of the remaining oil and burn Neutral fragrance for at least twenty minutes to clean the burner.
I have 5 Berger lamps and love them. I use them through out the house. I have tried other things but they work the best. I have 2 dogs and 2 cats and it really masks the odors in the house. And they are beautiful sitting around. I am so glad I found them!